Construction Specifications For HDPE Pipelines
In this article, we will introduce the construction specifications of HDPE pipelines: the use of HDPE pipes makes pipeline laying safer and more convenient, and correct construction design and installation procedures can maximize the superior performance of pipelines.
- Technical preparations must be made before construction. Familiar with construction drawings, prepare construction tools, operators need to be trained, and pipes and fittings must be inspected and accepted first.
- The excavation of pipe trenches must be strictly in accordance with the design drawings or under the guidance of engineers, and the consent of relevant departments must be obtained.
- Preparation of the bottom of the pipe trench. For pressure systems such as water supply, sewage or long-distance transmission pipelines, unless the design drawings specifically require it, the horizontal accuracy of the bottom of the pipe trench is generally not very high, but for gravity drainage systems, the slope Grades must meet the stated requirements.
- For the laying of the pipeline in the trench, before the pipeline is put into the trench, a comprehensive inspection of the pipeline must be carried out first. The pipeline is allowed to be hoisted or rolled into the trench when there is no defect in the inspection.
- Pipeline connection and assembly, the hot-melt method of pipe connection in the pipe trench is the same as that on the ground, but it must be ensured that the connected pipes must be cooled to the ambient temperature of the soil before connection.
- Pipeline pressure test. The pipeline must undergo two pressure tests for strength and water tightness before use.
- Backfilling and compacting. After confirming that the pipeline installation is in good condition, backfill and compact the pipe trench with a large amount of materials that are easily obtained locally.