HDPE Gas Pipe Performance Introduction
(1) Reliable connection: The HDPE gas pipeline system is connected by electric heating, and the strength of the joint is higher than that of the pipeline body.
(2) Good impact resistance at low temperature: HDPE gas pipe has a low low temperature embrittlement temperature and can be used in the temperature range of -60-60°C. During winter construction, due to the good impact resistance of the material, the pipe will not be brittle.
(3) Good resistance to stress cracking: HDPE has low notch, high shear strength and excellent scratch resistance, and its resistance to environmental stress cracking is also very prominent.
(4) Good chemical corrosion resistance: HDPE pipes can withstand the corrosion of various chemical media, and the chemical substances in the soil will not cause any degradation to the pipes. Polyethylene is an electrical insulator and therefore will not rot, rust or galvanically corrode.
(5) Aging resistance and long service life: polyethylene pipes containing 2-2.5% evenly distributed carbon black can be stored in the open air or used for 50 years without being damaged by ultraviolet radiation.
(6) Good wear resistance: The wear resistance comparison test of HDPE pipe and steel pipe shows that the wear resistance of HDPE pipe is 4 times that of steel pipe. In the field of mud transportation, compared with steel pipes, HDPE pipes have better wear resistance, which means that HDPE pipes have longer service life and better economy.
(7) Good flexibility: The flexibility of HDPE pipes makes it easy to bend. In engineering, obstacles can be bypassed by changing the direction of the pipe. In many cases, the flexibility of the pipe can reduce the amount of pipe fittings and reduce installation costs.
(8) Easy handling: HDPE pipes are lighter than concrete pipes, galvanized pipes and steel pipes. It is easy to carry and install, and the lower manpower and equipment requirements mean that the installation cost of the project is greatly reduced.
(9) A variety of new construction methods: HDPE pipelines have a variety of construction technologies. In addition to the traditional excavation method, a variety of new non-excavation technologies such as pipe jacking, directional drilling, liner, It is an ideal choice for places where excavation is not allowed, so HDPE pipes are more widely used.